Maj. Gen. Kenneth T. Bibb, Jr., is the Deputy Inspector General of the Department of the Air Force, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia. The Inspector General reports to the Secretary of the Air Force, Chief of Staff of the Air Force, and Chief of Space Operations on the readiness, efficiency, and military discipline of all components of the Department of the Air Force: active duty, Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard. The Inspector General provides inspection policy and oversees the inspection and evaluation system for all Air Force nuclear and conventional forces; oversees counterintelligence operations; investigates fraud, waste, and abuse; oversees criminal investigations; and provides oversight of complaints resolution programs. The Inspector General is also responsible for three field operating agencies: the Air Force Inspection Agency, the Office of Special Investigations, and the Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center.
Maj. Gen. Bibb received his commission from the United States Air Force Academy in 1991. He holds a master’s degree in Aeronautical Engineering from the Air Force Institute of Technology and is a command pilot with more than 5,000 hours in the C-5, C-12, C-17, C-21, T-37, T-38 and KC-135.
He has served on the Joint Staff, Air Staff and Air Force Materiel Command Staff. He has also served in multiple command assignments, including Commander, 100th Air Refueling Wing, Commander, 618th Air Operations Center (Tanker Airlift Control Center) and most recently, Commander, 18th Air Force.
1991 Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1996 Master of Aeronautical Science, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Worldwide
1997 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, by correspondence
2004 Masters of Science, Aeronautical Engineering, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2007 Air War College, Montgomery, Ala., by correspondence
2012 Senior Course, NATO Defense College, Rome
2013 U.S. Air Force Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
2014 Joint and Combined Warfighting School, Joint Professional Military Education Phase II, Norfolk, Va.
2016 Senior Leader Orientation Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2017 Capstone General and Flag Officer Course, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2018 Joint Forces Air Component Commanders Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2019 Senior Joint Information Operations Applications Course, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. August 1991-December 1992, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, 71st Flying Training Wing, Vance Air Force Base, Okla.
2. December 1992-May 1996, C-12F Pilot, Instructor, and Flight Examiner, 517th Airlift Squadron, Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska
3. May 1996-August 1999, C-5 Flight Examiner and Group Executive Officer, 22d Airlift Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
4. August 1999-August 2003, C-5 CCTS Flight Examiner, Wing Executive Officer, and Chief, Standards and Evaluation, 56th Airlift Squadron, Altus AFB, Okla.
5. August 2003-September 2004, Student, Intermediate Developmental Education, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. September 2004-April 2006, Current Operations Action Officer and Chief, Air Force Chief of Staff Briefing Team, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
7. April 2006-November 2009, Operations Officer and later Commander, 9th Airlift Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
8. November 2009-January 2012, Chief, Strategic Assessments Branch and Chief, Strategic Alignment Division, Joint Staff (J-5), Directorate for Strategic Plans and Policy, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
9. January 2012-July 2012, Student, Senior Developmental Education, NATO Defense College, Rome
10. July 2012-June 2013, Vice Commander, 86th Airlift Wing, Ramstein AB, Germany
11. June 2013-June 2015, Commander, 100th Air Refueling Wing, RAF Mildenhall, United Kingdom
12. June 2015-July 2018, Vice Commander and later Commander, 618th Air Operations Center (Tanker Airlift Control Center), Scott AFB, Ill.
13. July 2018-August 2020, Director, Air Space and Cyberspace Operations, and later Director, Strategic Plans, Programs, Requirements, and Analyses, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
14. August 2020-present, Commander, 18th Air Force, Scott AFB, Ill.
15. August 2022 - present, Deputy Inspector General, Department of the Air Force, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
November 2009-January 2012, Chief, Strategic Assessments Branch and Chief, Strategic Alignment Division, Directorate for Strategic Plans and Policy, the Joint Staff, Washington, D.C., as a colonel
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: 5,000; combat hours: 300
Aircraft flown: C-5, C-12, C-17, C-21, T-37, T-38, and KC-135
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Service Medal
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 29, 1991
First Lieutenant May 29, 1993
Captain May 29, 1995
Major March 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel Dec. 1, 2006
Colonel Oct. 1, 2010
Brigadier General Aug. 2, 2016
Major General Oct. 2, 2019
(Current as of September 2022)